Wednesday 3 February 2016

Spaghetti play

This week I have been giving the families I work with ideas for linking activities to books and stories linked to the farm yard.  One of the activities I have used this week is spaghetti play.  I wanted to add a sensory experience linked to the farm yard story we were sharing together in the session.

I cooked the spaghetti according to the instructions adding green food colouring to the water to dye the spaghetti green.

Once the spaghetti was drained when cooked, I then popped it back into the pan and added some extra green food colouring.  This made the strands of spaghetti go different shades of green.

By the time I got to the session the spaghetti was cool and ready to be played with. I popped it into a clean shoe tray (which I use a lot as its long and shallow allowing a number of children to play at the same time.  I also placed some farm animals along side the activity so that the children could choose what they wanted to do with the spaghetti and add the animals only if and when they wanted to.

Due to the nature of my work I am unable to add photos here.  However I have found this photo which is very similar to the activity that was on offer taken from: www.baby.co.uk






No comments:

Post a Comment