Thursday 18 February 2016

Mothers day poems


Mothers day will soon be here so here are a few beautiful poems that you can add to home made cards and pictures.  Add your little ones painted handprints and you will have a precious work of art to keep forever.  Also a lovely surprise that you can make for Grandma or your little ones Godmother.

Mummy

There used to be so many

Of my fingerprints to see

On furniture and walls and things

From sticky, grubby me



But if you stop and think a while

You’ll see I’m growing fast

Those little handprints disappear

You can’t bring back what’s past



So here’s a small reminder

To keep, not wipe away

Of tiny hands and how they looked

To make you smile some day



Footprints

“Walk a little slower Mummy,” said a child so small
“I’m following your footsteps and I don’t want to fall

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they’re hard to see;
So walk a little slower Mummy
For you are leading me

Someday when I’m all grown up,
You’re what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who will want to follow me

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower Mummy,
For I must follow you




Here's a little handprint


Here’s a little handprint

Just to recall

How my little hands looked

When I was very small






No comments:

Post a Comment