Sunday 15 September 2013

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Lately I have been making story boxes with the parents and children I work with.  One of our favourites has been the Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I love making these as so many recycled materials can be used.  A simple shoe box then houses it all.

Some parents worry that they aren't creative enough to make these.......you don't have to be ale to sew or draw to make these with your children.  Your child will already be full of ideas of what they want to do and include in it, its about having fun with your child.

Here are some links to great sites that I use to produce resources to support the children and parents.

Pop on over to these great sites to see more...

Sarah x

1.These pintables are fab to use as props for the story as well as to develop early number skills through counting, shape and colour....

http://omazingkidsyoga.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/the-very-hungry-caterpillar-story-props-from-kizclub-com-color-version-6-page-pdf.pdf

 
 
2.These rocks from Sam @ Thrive 360 are amazing.  Great for developing sequencing skills for older children too. 
 
 
 
3. Mommie Nation has made a stunning button snake caterpillar with felt food pieces which I am in the process of making to have a go at with the children I work with.  I know this is going to go down really well.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment